Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Prayer Answered (or the wrong shoes lead to the right place)

Okay, so this morning started off a little kooky at Casa de Elle Beau. I went to walk the dogs before I started cooking and I did this:

Yup, I left the house with two different shoes on. I had to turn around and go back. 

Now a pessimist might say it was a forbearer of how the day would go. Everything getting mixed up and bad things happening. But not me, I thought it meant the day would be a little jazzy (gold) and a little zany (animal print). Pretty much the status quo around here.


Having a good attitude always brings good things to bear and needless to say our turkey breast came out just perfect.


Seasoning. Check.
Moist and tender. Check.
Happy belly. Check.


I'll be using this recipe anytime I cook a bird now. So, I threw it in the oven at 375. I kept it moist by adding low sodium chicken broth, white wine and water since the brine made the turkey dripping a bit salty. But they sure made for a fantastic gravy.  Just add a little water to mellow the salt in your gravy.


Mr. T said the turkey tasted like his mom's and that is a huge compliment since she's hands-down the best cook I know. The first time I tasted her pie, I ate the whole thing. Yes, the WHOLE pie. She's that serious.


Anyhoo, if you want to make a great turkey breast be sure to brine. You won't be sorry. My brine is here.


More to post on the other recipes in the picture after I take my turkey nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment