Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint Recipe

There's something wonderfully girlie about the color of watermelon.  It's a feast for the eyes. And there's certainly nothing more refreshing than a cold slice of watermelon on a hot day. I remember many summers eating watermelon as a little girl.
It's funny how as kids we take such pleasure in eating watermelon. 

I was recently in Florida in the scorching heat and I had a tuna ceviche with watermelon and cilantro in it. It was fabulous. So when I came home I was reminded never to overlook my dear old friend, the watermelon.


Lately, I've been buying watermelon and cutting it up into chunks and putting it in the fridge for the week. I keep nagging Mr. T to make sure he eats up the pre-cut fruit in the fridge so it doesn't go to waste. As if anyone really needs a reminder to eat watermelon. It's usually gone in two days.


This is a simple watermelon salad that you can make in about 2 minutes. It's the perfect end to a long, hot day. If you are feeling fancy serve it up in a martini glass.


Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint Recipe
Seedless watermelon chunks
Feta cheese
Chopped fresh mint
A couple splashes of good olive oil
A couple squirts of fresh lime
A decent pinch of coarse salt
(Note: I use Kosher but you could use a fancy gourmet salt to really take it up a notch)

No comments:

Post a Comment