Saturday, November 5, 2011

Turkey Sandwich Ideas

I've always loved BLTs. I have memories of going shopping with my grandmother and then heading to lunch for BLTs and iced teas. The BLT is like a little black dress. Simple, classic and timeless.

I had some turkey breast and a few yellow tomatoes I wanted to use up. So I came up with a remixed version of my old friend, the BLT. This version is perfect for sandwich night since it has just enough flair to satisfy you for dinner.  I hope you like my modern spin on an old classic. 

Turkey BLT with A on C
Sliced turkey breast
Turkey bacon
Lettuce
Sliced red and yellow tomato
Sliced avocado
Ciabatta roll
Mayonnaise
Clove of garlic

Fry bacon and set to side. Lightly toast ciabatta rolls in same pan. Take a couple of tablespoon of mayo and stir one clove of fresh pressed garlic. Add a bit of salt of fresh pepper to mayo if you like.  Spread garlic mayo on roll. Layer turkey, bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato on the roll. Slice in half and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment