Friday, July 27, 2012

My Ikea Rast Hack

This summer has been busy. I haven't been doing a lot of cooking since I've been using my spare time to do some long-awaited projects around the house. Our guest room needed some love and attention since it was starting to look like an episode of Hoarders! I wanted a place that I can use as an office too. I didn't have a huge budget so I've been using existing stuff and repurposing it. Mr. T's old desk, an old office chair that was in the garage, etc.
I needed a chest and I've long been obsessed with all of the cool Rast hacks that have been floating around the internet. I went with white, bought some fancy drawer pulls and it went from this....





to this...





It was super simple. I used primer, a can of gloss white paint and a sealer. (Be sure to read the back as some sealers will amber light paints. I ended up having to repaint a few coats due to that!!) Lightly sand the wood, wipe with a damp cloth, prime then paint away. I also highly recommend a mini paint roller for nice smooth coats. Now order some pretty knobs. Mine came from here. Voila! A beautiful little chest for very little money. I think I'm going to paint silver trim around the drawers, inspired from this project that I recently pinned. Let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment